Wow! I just met this person and here is what I know about him:
- He has worked at the same office for eighteen years
- He is single but has a girlfriend
- He does not like being mistaken for a nurse (he is a doctor)
- He lives a half mile away from his office
- He loves using the hand sanitizers at grocery stores and other locations
I spent a grand total of fifteen minutes with this person, perhaps even less. So to walk away with that much information is amazing. Maybe even a little bit overwhelming. This person was not a coaching client (in which case there is lots of sharing about each other occurring during a first meeting); I was seeing him to discuss some minor pain I have been experiencing.
I truly believe that all aspects of his conversation and information sharing with me was strategic, to help put me at ease. Yet I felt a little bit concerned, I almost wanted to ask him, “Wow, do you always tell people so much about yourself right away?” It sure was interesting.
Or maybe as a single man he does lots of speed dating? I am not implying that he was flirting or being anything less than professional; I just think he is used to giving people lots of information in a rapid and concise fashion.
What do YOU think?
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!